If you or a loved one are dealing with substance abuse and addiction issues, getting the help you need as quickly as possible is crucial. An eye-opening report published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) revealed that as many as 90% of people who need addiction treatment do not receive it. Access to these services is a key public health demand because 40-60% of people with addictions recover when they are able to receive such treatment.
Understandably, one of the top concerns for people regarding treatment is cost. Thankfully, US law stipulates that health insurers need to cover behavioral health issues in the same way they cover physical health ailments. According to SAMHSA’s 2008 Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA), “Health insurers and group health plans to provide the same level of benefits for mental and/or substance use treatment and services that they do for medical/surgical care.” Additionally, the Affordable Care Act “further expands the MHPAEA’s requirements by ensuring that qualified plans offered on the Health Insurance Marketplace cover many behavioral health treatments and services.”
Anthem’s health plans provide coverage for more than 73 million people in the US – including comprehensive behavioral health coverage. Anthem and its affiliated health plans have a large network of providers located across the US, so finding the right recovery options for you or your loved one should not be difficult.
Anthem Insurance and Addiction Treatment at Guardian IOP
Anthem’s behavioral health coverage covers both mental health and substance abuse treatment options. This company’s health plans typically cover the following services related to substance abuse and addiction treatment:
- Acute inpatient and partial hospitalization
- Detoxification and other treatments in a residential setting
- Intensive outpatient and outpatient treatment
- Access to Care Managers who can help connect you with the addiction and behavioral health resources you need
Learn More about Insurance Coverage for Guardian IOP Treatment Services
Committing to addiction treatment at Guardian IOP is an important step toward the beginning of the rest of your life. Long-term sobriety is within reach for you or a loved one.
At Guardian IOP, we understand that trying to interpret your insurance coverage for treatment services can be frustrating and overwhelming. We can work with you to help get the answers you need before committing to treatment, but below is a list of the things you can do and the questions you can ask in order to be sure of what you will need to pay for different levels of treatment.
- Contact Guardian IOP’s insurance specialist to review your coverage levels. Taking notes during the conversation can be helpful.
- Ask about the specific services that are and are not covered in our rehabilitation facility. Specifically, ask about assessment, detoxification services, treatment settings, and related hospital coverage.
- Confirm what your cost-sharing responsibilities are, such as co-pays, deductibles, and maximum out-of-pocket expenses.